This course is steeped in knowledge and understanding of how children create narratives through play and stories. It addresses how classroom environments matter in the generation of literacy skills that evolve through making sense of stories.
Areas of focus
- What is imagination and is it measurable?
- Developing vocabulary and language skills
- Creating a story space
- The importance of observation and intervention in imaginative play
- Role play and links to storying
- Curating picturebooks and developing a love of reading
- Reading and writing within a storyworld.
- Storying from home to school and back again
Key stage suitability
Can be tailored to cover EYFS and KS1
Recommended three days across three terms with opportunities for gap tasks. Options for one or two day versions of this training are also possible.
One year projects for small scale action research support can be offered