The first in our series of twilight sessions exploring different aspects of children’s literature.
In this session we will share a range of fairy stories for different ages from both the oral and the literary traditions.
- How did these stories originate?
- How have they changed over time?
- What purposes do fairy stories serve?
- Is there still a place for fairy tales in the 21st century?
- Reading fairy stories with children and teenagers.
Participants are invited to bring along a favourite book to share and there will be a selection of new and recently published books and booklists available to whet your appetitie.
Come along and expand your knowledge, share your enthusiasms and enjoy a session of brilliant book talk. Open to everyone interested in expanding their knowledge of children’s literature.
Facilitator: Nikki Gamble